- A DraftKings player missed out on a $1 million payday after a late stat correction took a sack away from the Chicago Bears defense.
- User “robocles” was in first place and set to win $1 million when the Monday night game between the Bears and Rams went final.
- The lost sack took a fantasy point away from the Bears defense, and moved robocles from first place into sixth.
- The five-spot fall dropped the prize money from $1 million to just over $3,000.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
On Monday night, the Los Angeles Rams soundly defeated the Chicago Bears in a relatively calm game.
But for one daily fantasy player, the game came with a gut-wrenching bad beat when a late stat correction cost them a $1 million win.
According to the Action Network, DraftKings user “robocles” missed out on a $1 million payday after a stat correction took a sack away from the Bears defense.
As the game went final, robocles was in first place, ready to take home the top prize thanks to a lineup that loaded up on both defenses, as well as Rams standouts Jared Goff, Cooper Kupp, and Josh Reynolds.
But a stat correction later took one of the Bears’ two sacks away and thus take a point away from robocles. That one-point difference in robocles’ score pushed him down from first place to sixth, leaving him with a prize of just over $3,000 — still a fine payday, but nothing compared to $1 million.
The stat correction came on a sack the Bears made late in the fourth quarter, with Rams quarterback Jared Goff appearing to give himself up rather than be taken down by a Chicago defender. It’s a close call.
Daily fantasy payouts often come down to just one play, but to have it come down to stat correction is a particularly painful way to lose.
Read the original article on Insider