Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Lakers
Friday Feb 21, 2020 at 10:35 pm ET
Opening Line: Lakers -11 with a total of 233
- Memphis (28-27 SU, 30-24-1 ATS) started slowly last night and then came up short with their fourth quarter comeback attempt, from a 15-point deficit, in their 129-125 loss to Sacramento. Now they have the unenviable task of going to Los Angeles to play the Lakers on the second night of a back-to-back. This will be the second game of a 4-game road trip.
- The good news is the Grizzlies have won their last four games on their second night of a back-to-back. They have only lost consecutive games once since the first of the year and have a record of 15-5 in their last 20 games. The bad news is they are 0-2 against the Lakers, getting blown out 120-91 on Oct. 29th in Los Angeles and losing a close game109-108 Nov 23rd in Memphis.
- Last night against Sacramento De’Anthony Melton came off the bench to hit 5 of 10 3-pointers and score a career-best 24 points. Jaren Jackson had 16 points and rookie sensation Ja Morant had 19 points but only 2 assists with 5 turnovers as he struggled at times against the lightning quick De’Aaron Fox.
- The Lakers (41-12 SU, 28-24-1 ATS) are riding a 3-game winning streak. The final victory in the streak was a 120-116 overtime win against the Denver Nuggets on Feb. 12th.
- In the game against the Nuggets LeBron James had his 12th triple-double of this season with 32 points, 12 rebounds and 14 assists. LeBron is averaging 10.8 assists per game which leads the NBA. All Star teammate Anthony Davis is averaging a team best 26.6 points and 9.2 rebounds. He is third in the NBA with 2.4 blocks per game.
- James said, according to the Los Angeles Times, “The stretch run, we know how important it is, how important every game is and how we continue to get better and better and better each and every day”…”We’re going to approach (Friday against Memphis) like this is our own Game 7 “.