Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Chicago Bears
Thursday Oct 8, 2020 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Tampa Bay -6 with a total of 45
Projected weather: 60 degrees, fair with wind out of the E at 3-8 mph
- Tampa Bay is 3-1 SU, 2-2 ATS and 3-1 to the over. Last week the Bucs beat the Los Angeles Chargers 38-31 as Tom Brady passed for 369 yards and five touchdowns. So far, in the Bucs first 4 games this season, Brady has passed for 1,122 yards with 11 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. This has led to a ranking of 16thon offense with 371.5 total yards per game and 8th in scoring averaging 30.0 points per game.
- The running game has been doing their part led by Ronald Jones with the help of Leonard Fournette and Ke’Shawn Vaughn. Tight end O. J. Howard suffered a torn achilles tendon last week, and was put on IR, which opens the door for Rob Gronkowski to be a factor in the passing game.
- Tampa Bay is ranked 4th in the NFL defensively allowing 312.0 yards per game and 8th in points allowed at 23.0.
- Chicago is 3-1 SU, 2-2 ATS and 2-2 on the total. They are 1 game behind Green Bay in the NFC North. They had won their first 3 games before losing 19-11 to the Indianapolis Colts last week with Nick Foles throwing for 249 yards and one touchdown in this first start after replacing Mitchell Trubisky at QB.
- The Bears rank 24th in the NFL in total yards on offense averaging 343.3 yards per game and 25th in points scored with an average of 21.3 points per game.
- Defensively pass rusher Khalil Mack has been limited this week with a sore knee and DBs Deon Bush and Sherrick McMannis have been limited with hamstring injuries. Bucs head coach Bruce Arians former boss with the Indianapolis Colts, and good friend, Chuck Pagano coaches the Bears defense