Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers
Thursday Oct 8, 2020 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Los Angeles -3 with a total of 49.5
Projected weather: 83 degrees, fair with wind out of the NW at 7-12 mph
- Los Angeles 4-1 SU, 3-2 ATS and 2-3 on the Over/Under will be trying to get their third road win of the season against San Francisco. None of the Rams 4 wins came against a team with more than one victory this season.
- The Rams have held four of their first five opponents under 20 points. The defense ranks 4th in the NFL allowing 304.2 yards per game and 3rd in the NFL allowing 18.0 points per game. They lost safety Jordan Fuller to a shoulder injury in their 30-10 win over Washington last week. The offense is ranked 4th in yards per game and 14th in points per game with 403.6 and 27.2 respectively.
- The last 2 times these teams met in San Francisco in Prime Time they had high scoring games. In Week 3 of the 2017 season Jared Goff threw for 292 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Rams 41-39 victory. The 49ers won the next time 34-31 in Week 16 last season.
- San Francisco is 2-3 SU, 2-3 ATS and 3-2 on the Over/Under. Their only 2 wins came against the 0-5 Giants and the 0-5 Jets. They are 0-3 at home this season both SU and ATS.
- The 49er defense is ranked 5th in yards allowed per game with 323.0 and 11th in points allowed per game with 22.8. The offense is ranked 21ST in yards per game and 18th in points per game with 364.2 and 24.8 respectively.
- A concern for the 49ers offense is that they have allowed 18 sacks this season in 5 games which is tied for the 4th most in the league and the Rams defense is tied with the Steelers for the league lead with 20 sacks.