New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
Thursday Oct 8, 2020 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Philadelphia -7.5 with a total of 45.5
Projected weather: 70 degrees, mostly cloudy with wind out of the S at 0-5 mph
- The Giants 1-5 SU, 3-3 ATS and 2-4 on the Over/Under got their first win of the season last week 20-19 over Washington. They actually played their best game best game in the 37-34 loss the week before to the Dallas Cowboys. They scored 34 points in the game that was marred by the season-ending injury to Dak Prescott.
- New York has given up big leads to the Chicago Bears and the Dallas Cowboys. They never even challenged against Pittsburgh, San Francisco and the Los Angeles Rams before escaping with a one-point win over Washington. However, they are 3-0 ATS on the road this year.
- Th Giants will be hoping to be able to move the ball on offense against an Eagles team that has given up more than 30 points the last 2 weeks and has allowed less than 23 points in only one game this season. On defense they are ranked 12th in yards allowed per game at 342.0 and 16th in points allowed at 25.3.
- The Eagles 1-4-1 SU, 2-4 ATS and 4-2 on the Over/Under have been besieged by injuries this year and most recently added Zach Ertz and Miles Sanders to the list further weakening an already under-performing offense.
- Carson Wentz and the offense have amazingly been managing to put up some points as the Eagles have scored 23, 25, 29 and 28 points in their last 4 games. The offense is ranked 22nd in points per game at 27.5 and 27th in yards per game at 329.3.
- The Eagles have lost 6 of their projected top 7 offensive linemen to injuries and now Ertz and Sanders have joined the already lengthy injury list.