Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals
Sunday Oct 25, 2020 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Seattle -3 with a total of 55
Projected weather: 83 degrees, clear with wind gusting out of the W at 12-17 mph
- Seattle is 5-0 SU, 4-1 ATS and 3-2 on the Over/Under. Russell Wilson is having an MVP worthy season leading the offense as they are ranked 1st in points per game with 33.8 and 8th in yards per game with 395.8.
- The Seahawks have had consecutive unders in their last 2 games but it can be deceiving because they both only cashed by one point against totals of 55 and 54. Seattle’s defense has not been good since their “Legion of Boom” defense led them to a Super Bowl victory over Denver in 2014. They are ranked 18th in the league in points allowed per game at 27.0 and they are dead last in yards allowed per game giving up and average of 471.2.
- On offense Russell Wilson’s stellar play has hidden the fact that the Seahawks’ offense is last in the NFL in 3rd down conversions per game with only 3 and next to last in 3rd down conversion percentage at 32.6%. Between that and their abysmal defense it doesn’t bode well on the road against a Cardinal team that has been playing well.
- Arizona is 4-2 SU, 4-2 ATS and 0-6 on the Over/Under. That is correct 6 games with 6 unders. However, on the other side of the coin the Cardinals have scored 30 or more points in their last 3 wins. On offense they are ranked 11th in points per game at 27.7 and 5th in total yards per game at 402.5.
- The Cardinals defense ranks 7th in the NFL in opponents 3rd down conversion rate at 36.49% but at home that percentage goes down to 33%. Overall defensively they rank 2nd in the league in points allowed at 18.7 and 12th in yards allowed per game at 346.2.
- With the Seahawks dismal 3rd down conversion rates on both offense and defense the play of the Cardinal defense the presence of Kyler Murray, Larry Fitzgerald and DeAndre Hopkins on offense will make the Cardinals a tough out at home.