Chicago Bears @ Los Angeles Rams
Monday Oct 26, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Opening Line: Los Angeles -6 with a total of 47
Projected weather: SoFi Stadium is enclosed weather is not a factor
- Chicago is 5-1 SU, 4-2 ATS, 2-4 on Over/Unders. Two of the Bears five wins were more or less gifts as the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons both blew big leads to give those games away. Against the New York Giants, the only common opponent they have with the Rams, the Bears were up 17-0 at the half and barely escaped with the 17-13 victory.
- Chicago has won their last two games as short favorites 20-19 against Tampa Bay and 23-16 against Carolina to make it 3 unders in a row. The Chicago defense is ranked 7th in the league in both points allowed at 19.3 and yards per game allowed at 337.2. On offense they rank near the bottom of the league at 27th in PPG and 28th in YPG respectively.
- The Bears are 2-1 with Nick Foles as the starter at QB despite not scoring more than 23 points in any of those games. The Bears will live or die with their defense.
- Los Angeles is 4-2 SU, 3-3 ATS, 2-4 on the Over/Unders but all four of their wins have come against the dismal NFC East. They were competitive in their 2 losses losing 35-32 to the Buffalo Bills and 24-16 last week to the San Francisco 49ers.
- The Rams defense is ranked 5th in the NFL in points allowed per game at 19.0 and 4th in yards allowed per game at 318.5.They allowed less than 20 points in all 4 of their victories over the NFC East but 24 or more in their two losses to non NFC East teams.
- In the Buffalo and San Francisco losses both of those teams had success neutralizing the Rams pass rush enabling them both to move the ball effectively down the field. The success of the Rams pass rush will most likely be a key factor in the outcome of this game.