Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
Sunday Nov 1, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Opening Line: Philadelphia -7.5 with a total of 43.5
Projected weather: 50 degrees, partly cloudy with wind out of the W at 10-20 mph
- Dallas is 2-5 SU, 0-7 ATS and 4-3 on the Over/Unders. With Dak Prescott out for the season and Andy Dalton in the concussion protocol Ben DiNucci gets his first NFL start tonight at QB for the Cowboys against the Eagles.
- The Cowboy defense ranks 27th in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 408.1 and dead last in points allowed per game at 34.7. The offense has been moving the ball up and down the field ranking 3rd in total yards per game at 418.0 but have not been able to take advantage of that and push it across the goal line consistently. They rank 19th in points scored at 25.1.
- DiNucci is a Pennsylvania product who spent his first three years of college at Pitt before transferring to FCS school James Madison and leading them to the FCS championship game passing for 3.441 yards and 29 touchdowns with only 6 interceptions.
- Philadelphia is 2-4-1 SU, 2-5 ATS and 4-3 on the Over/Unders. They are in 1st place in the NFC East with a ½ game lead over both Dallas and Washington.
- The Eagles have had a lengthy list of injuries this year and this is an important division game where they either fall back in the pack or gain some separation. They expect to get left tackle Jason Peters and TE Dallas Goedert and rookie receiver Jalen Reagor back from IR as they were each activated this week.
- Carson Wentz has not played well and the offense is ranked 23rd in points per game at 23.3 and 25th in total yards per game at 345.4. The Eagles hope to gain some traction as they get healthier.