Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions
Thursday Nov 25, 2020 at 12:30 pm
Opening Line: Houston -1.5 with a total of 50.5
Projected weather: Detroit’s Ford Field is a domed stadium so weather is not a factor
- Houston is 3-7 SU, 3-7 ATS and 5-5 on the Over/Unders. The Texans offense is ranked 17th in yards gained per game at 358.9 and 22nd in points per game at 22.7. The defense has given up a lot of ground ranking 31stin yards allowed at 411.7 and 23rd in points allowed at 27.2.
- The Texans offense is led by QB Deshaun Watson. He is in a tie with Patrick Mahomes for 2nd place in the NFL with 40 passes completed for 20 yards or more. Josh Allen of Buffalo and Aaron Rodgers of Green Bay are tied for the league lead with 41.
- Watson led the Texans to a 27-20 victory over New England last week to give them their second win in the last three games. Watson passed for 344 yards and two touchdowns and ran 4 yards for another touchdown. He is completing 68.9% of his passes for 8.5 yards per attempt with 20 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. The defense is 31st in the NFL and the run defense is dead last allowing 5.1 yards per carry.
- Detroit is 4-6 SU, 4-6 ATS, and 6-4 on the Over/Unders. The Lions are ranked in the bottom third of the NFL on both sides of the ball. On offense 22nd in PPG with 22.7 and 25th in YPG with 342.9. The defense is even worse ranking 28th in PPG at 28.7 and 27th in YPG at 397.4.
- The Lions record on Thanksgiving Day games since 2004 is 4-12. The Lions are 13-28-1 in their 3 years with Matt Patricia as head coach. At their current rate it appears that they will finish in last place in the NFC North Division for the third consecutive year. They are currently a 3-point underdog at home to the 3-7 Texans.
- Matthew Stafford is expected to start again this week in spite of the torn ligament in his thumb. Receivers Kenny Golladay and Danny Amendola are out with hip injuries, RB De’Andre Swift is still in concussion protocol and TE TJ Hockenson is out with a shoulder injury. The burden of the running game will fall on Adrian Peterson who has averaged only 3.4 yards per carry this season. He will hope to take advantage of the Texans porous run defense.
ProGambler says: Houston has won 2 of their last 3 and is 3-3 in their last 6 games. Two of their three losses were on the road to Tennessee and Cleveland by a total of 9 points. Take Deshaun Watson and the Texans -3 against a terrible Lions defense.