Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals
Monday Dec 21, 2020 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Pittsburgh -11.5 with a total of 41.5
Projected weather: 42 degrees, cloudy, 20% chance of light rain and wind gusting out of the W at 10-15 mph
- Pittsburgh 11-2 SU, 8-5 ATS and 4-7-2 on the Over/Unders. The Steelers offense is ranked 22nd in total yards gained per game with 335.5 and 12th in points per game at 26.8. The steeler defense is ranked 3rd in yards allowed per game at 303.1 and 1st in points allowed per game at 18.2.
- The Steelers started the season with 11 straight wins and now have lost their last two games to Washington 23-17 at home and Buffalo 26-15 on the road. Can the Steeler offense get back too playing like they did in their 36-10 win over the Bengals on November 15th or will they continue to struggle against a team they would realistically be expected to dominate?
- Pittsburgh has been under the total in their last 4 games and 5 of their last 6.
- Cincinnati is 2-10-1 SU, 7-6 ATS and 5-7-1 on the Over/Unders. The Bengals are ranked at the bottom of the league on offense scoring just 18.8 points per game and averaging just 319.3 total yards gained per game to rank 28th on defense they are ranked 24th with 382.3 total yards allowed per game and 22nd in points allowed per game at 26.0.
- The Bengals have lost 5 games n a row and they have not looked good in their last 3 games averaging an NFL low of only 10.3 points per game. Since the season-ending injury to QB Joe Burrow it seems they may have lost their will to fight as they have not really even been competitive.
- The Bengals have other injury issues in addition to Burrow. Both their offensive and defensive lines are banged up and backup QB Brandon Allen, who has started the last 3 games, did not practice Thursday due to a knee issue but he is probable fir tonight.
ProGambler says: The obvious play would seem to be the Steelers but Monday night home dogs have a history of sneaking up on us and this is some pretty heavy lumber to lay on the road. The issue the Steelers’ receivers have been having with drops is also not conducive to laying heavy lumber. To play the over we would have to believe in the Bengals ability to cross the goal line a couple of times. In the last 3 games against Pittsburgh the Bengals have scored 3,10 and 10. Take under 41.