Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday Jan 10, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Opening Line: Pittsburgh -3.5 with a total of 47
Projected weather: 31 degrees, mostly cloudy, wind out of the SW at 7 mph
- Cleveland is 11-5 SU, 6-10 ATS and 9-7 on the Over/Unders. The Brown’s defense is ranked 21st in points allowed per game at 26.2 and 17th in total yards allowed per game at 358.4. The offense is ranked 16th in total yards gained per game at 369.6 and 14th in points per game at 25.5.
- Cleveland won 24-22 at home in Week 17 when the Steelers had a failed 2-point conversion with Pittsburgh resting QB Ben Roethlisberger. The Browns secondary has been lit up in 5 of the last 6 weeks with Steeler backup QB Mason Rudolph throwing for over 300 yards in Week 17.
- Cleveland’s facilities have been closed all week with Covid issues so the team has not practiced this week at all. Offensive play-caller and head coach Kevin Stefanski and a big part of the coaching staff will not be available for this game in addition to some of their starters due to the Covid issue.
- Pittsburgh is 12-4 SU, 10-6 ATS and 8-7-1 on the Over/Unders. The Steelers offense is ranked 25th in total yards gained per game at 334.6 and 12th in points per game at 26.0. The defense is where the Steelers have been dominant. They are ranked 3rd in both yards allowed per game with 305.8 and points allowed per game with 19.5.
- Pittsburgh won the first matchup 38-7 at home on Oct. 18th. Roethlisberger took over more of the play-calling and opened up the offense at the end of the season. Dropped passes had been an issue for most of the season and this seemed to pay instant dividends for the offense.
- In addition to QB Ben Roethlisberger resting last week the Steelers also rested C Maurkice Pouncey, DT Cam Heyward and LB TJ Watt. All are expected to play this week.