Philadelphia 76ers @ Indiana Pacers
Sunday Jan 31, 2021 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Philadelphia -2 with a total of 224.5
- Philadelphia is 14-6 SU, 11-8-1 ATS and 10-10 on the Over/Unders.
- The Sixers have won 5 of their last 6 and had a statement win beating the Lakers 107-106 on Wednesday night and then put it on cruise control in Friday night’s 118-94 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Joel Embid is averaging 28.3 points and 11.1 rebounds per game. He is shooting 54.4% from the field and 40.4% from the 3-point line while providing dominant interior defense.
- Ben Simmons is averaging 12.9 points, 8.3 rebounds, 7.9 assists, 1.6 steals and almost one block per game from the point guard position. He also showed his defensive chops while guarding LeBron James in Wednesday night’s game. Tobias Harris is the beneficiary of the attention that is given to Embid and Simmons shooting 51.4% from the field and 46.8% from the 3-point line. Seth Curry is contributing by shooting 51.7% on his threes while taking an average of 4.6 per game.
- Indiana is 11-8 SU, 10-9 ATS and 11-8 on the Over/Unders.
- The Pacers started the season 6-2. After taking part in the 4-team blockbuster James Harden trade by dealing Victor Oladipo to Houston and acquiring Caris LaVert from Brooklyn they have struggled going 5-6 in their last 11 games. LaVert has been out after the routine physical exam discovered a mass on his kidney. He has successful surgery but will be out while he recovers.
- Malcolm Brogdon is having his best season shooting 45.6% from the field and 40.4% from the arc while averaging 22.7 points and contributing 1.4 steals per game on the defensive end. Domantas Sabonis is averaging a double-double but the Pacers have not been able to rebound well. Myles Turner averages 6.8 rebounds per game but nobody else is averaging 5 or better.