Seattle Seahawks @ Los Angeles Rams
Sunday Dec 8, 2019 at 8:20 pm
Opening Line: Seattle -2.5 with a total of 46.5
Projected weather: 59 degrees, cloudy with chance of light showers, wind out of the S at 6 mph
- Seattle (10-2 SU, 7-5 ATS) prevailed 30-29 in Week 5 when the Rams Greg Zuerlein missed wide right on his 44-yard field goal attempt with 11 seconds on the clock. Since Week 4 the Seahawks have won 8 of 9 and 5 in a row to take over first place in the NFC West. They can clinch a playoff spot with a victory over the Rams tonight.
- Seattle is 8-1 this season in games decided by 7 points or less. The last three games between these division rivals have all been one possession games. Seahawk RBs Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny have combined the last two weeks to solidify the running game. Against the Eagles two weeks ago they ran for a combined 155 yards with Penny getting a career high 129 yards. Then last week against the Vikings the Seahawks ran for a season high 218 yards including 102 yards by Carson and 74 by Penny. Seattle ran for 167 yards in their Week 5 victory over the Rams.
- Seattle still has Shaquill Griffin and Tre Flowers at the corners but they have added Quandre Diggs to pair with Bradley McDougald at the safety position. This change appears to be flourishing as the Seahawks defense has had four interceptions in the last three games and eleven total turnovers.
- Los Angeles (7-5 SU, 8-4 ATS) is 4-5 in their last nine games but is still in contention for the second wild card spot. They only trail by one game and will need a strong finish in their last four games to capture that wild card spot.
- Russell Wilson will be facing a much different secondary than he did in the Week 5 game. CBs Aquib Talib and Marcus Peters are no longer with the Rams and safety John Johnson is on injured reserve. Now they have star CB Jalen Ramsey, who they acquired from Jacksonville, and at safety they have rookie Taylor Rapp who starred at the University of Washington.
- Ram’s coach Sean McVay has not utilized RB Todd Gurley this season to the extent he did last season when the Rams went to the Super Bowl. That appears to be changing as Gurley had 25 carries three weeks ago against the Bears and 19 last week against Arizona both in victories. McVay said that change came about by “me not being an idiot”.