Buffalo Bills @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Sunday Dec 15, 2019 at 8:15 pm
Opening Line: Pick em with a total of 37
Projected weather: 31 degrees, cloudy with wind out of the W at 5-10 mph
- Buffalo ( 9-4 SU, 8-4-1 ATS) had won three in a row before their 24-17 loss last week in a hard fought game against the Baltimore Ravens. The Bills, who are currently in the fifth spot for a Wild Card berth in the playoffs, are trying to clinch their playoff spot. They have two difficult road games coming up, this week at Pittsburgh and next week at New England. If they can get a win against Pittsburgh then they will clinch a playoff spot for the second time in three seasons under coach Sean McDermott. If they lose then Pittsburgh moves ahead of them for the top Wild Card spot.
- Bills QB Josh Allen struggled against the very tough Baltimore Raven defense last week completing only 43.6 percent of his passes.
- Buffalo’s defense is ranked second in the NFL in points allowed with 16.3 and third in total yards allowed at 296.8. Ten of their 13 games have gone under the total and 5 of the last 6.
- Pittsburgh (8-5 SU, 7-4-2 ATS) QB Devlin “Duck” Hodges became the first undrafted rookie QB to win his first three starts with last week’s victory over Arizona. Against the Cardinals he competed 16 of 19 for 152 yards and a touchdown. He has completed 71.3 percent of his passes this season.
- The Steelers are hoping for the return of RB James Conner and WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, who have been out with shoulder and knee injuries respectively, to help bolster the offense this week.
- Pittsburgh has won three in a row and seven of their last eight following their uncharacteristic 1-4 start to the season. The total has gone under in 7 of their last eight games.