Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco 49ers
Saturday Dec 21, 2019 at 8:15 pm
Opening Line: San Francisco -6.5 with a total of 45
Projected weather: 59 degrees, cloudy, with wind out of the SE at 10 mph
- The Los Angeles Rams (8-6 SU, 9-5 ATS) were dealt a near-fatal blow last week to their chances of returning to the playoffs and defending their back-to-back NFC West division championships. They allowed Dallas to score 30 unanswered points in their 44-21 loss to the Cowboys.
- Rams QB Jared Goff has thrown 2 touchdown passes in each game the last three weeks and has averaged 333.7 yards passing. RB Todd Gurley has not had a 100-yard rushing game so far this season. He did not play in the 20-7 loss to San Francisco on Oct 13th.
- CB Troy Hill is questionable after surgery for a broken thumb he incurred last week. If he doesn’t play second-year backup Darious Williams will get the start at one corner opposite Pro Bowl corner Jalen Ramsey. Williams would very likely be an inviting target for Jimmy Garoppolo and the 49er passing game.
- The San Francisco 49ers (11-3 SU, 8-5-1 ATS), as a result of their surprising last second upset loss at home to the Atlanta Falcons last week, have yet to clinch a first round bye. The 49ers started the season 8-0 but in the last six games are just 3-3. They are 0-5-1 as a six or more point favorite. They have to travel to Seattle next Sunday to play the Seahawks. If they win their final two games they will win the NFC West division title.
- Against the Falcons last week TE George Kittle was targeted 17 times and had 13 catches for 134 yards. The 17 targets were more than all of the rest of the team combined.
- The 49ers have had several injuries on the defensive line this season which have led to rookie DE Nick Bosa getting a significant boost in the number of snaps he has played in the last six games. As a result he registered seven of his nine sacks this year during that six-game span.