Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers
Sunday Feb 23, 2020 at 3:35 pm
Opening Line: Lakers -6.5 with a total of 225.5
- Boston (38-16 SU, 32-20-2 ATS) won at Minnesota 127-117 Friday night. The Celtics had four players, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Daniel Theis and Gordon Hayward all score 25 or more points in the game. It was the first time the Celtics have done this since 1960.
- Boston dominated the Lakers at home 139-107 on January 20th with Kemba Walker, Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown each scoring 20 or more points in a balanced offensive showing.
- In that game the Celtics defense forced 15 turnovers and held the Lakers to 43.8 percent shooting overall and 26.9 percent from behind the arc. They held LeBron James to 15 points and Anthony Davis to 9 points both well below their averages. Boston ranks third in the NBA allowing only 106.4 points per game.
- Los Angeles (41-12 SU, 28-24-1 ATS) currently have possession of first place in the Western Conference. Anthony Davis has been everything the Lakers had hoped for leading the team in scoring at 26.6 points per game and rebounding with 9.2 per game. LeBron is having another tremendous year averaging 25.0 points, 7.8 rebounds and a league leading 10.8 assists.
- The Lakers beat a red-hot Memphis team 117-105 Friday in their first game after the All-Star break. They forced 16 turnovers and held the Grizzlies to 41 points in the first half.
Anthony Davis had 28 points, 13 rebounds and 7 blocked shots. LeBron had 32 points, 3 rebounds and 7assists while Avery Bradley chipped in with 14 points and 3 steals.
- The Lakers rank 6th in the NBA allowing 107.3 points per game. The Lakers and the Celtics have a combined 33 NBA championships and both appear to be viable contenders this year.