Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles
Sunday Jan 5, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Opening Line: Seattle -1.5 with a total of 46
Projected weather: 41 degrees, mostly cloudy with wind out of the NW at 15 mph
- Seattle (11-5 SU, 7-8-1 ATS) blew an opportunity to win the NFC West division title and secure home field advantage throughout the NFC Playoffs when they first lost to the Arizona Cardinals 27-13 in Week 16 as 8 point favorites. Then in the Week 17 rematch against the 49ers they let San Francisco get a 13-0 lead before they battled back to lose 26-21 when they were stuffed on a fourth-down play at the goal line in the final minute.
- Seattle was decimated with injuries at the running back position with season-ending injuries to Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny and C.J. Prosise all over the final three weeks of the season. They signed Marshawn Lynch out of retirement and he ran for 34 yards and one touchdown against the 49ers. Rookie RB Travis Homer out of the University of Miami ran for 62 yards and had 5 receptions for 30 yards against the 49ers.
- Seahawk QB Russell Wilson threw 31 touchdown passes for 4,110 yards and a career low 5 interceptions. WR Tyler Lockett had 82 receptions for 1,057 yards this season both of which were career highs. Seattle was 7-1 in road games this season. They travelled East in five of those games and won all five beating Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Atlanta, Philadelphia and Carolina. They scored more than 28 points in three of those games. Contrary to that success on the road Seattle has lost three consecutive road games in the Playoffs.
- Philadelphia (9-7 SU, 7-9 ATS) has the worst record of any team in the playoffs but they outlasted the Dallas Cowboys to win the NFC East division title and qualify. After getting upset 37-31 by the lowly Miami Dolphins in Week 13 as 10-point favorites, and dropping to 5-7, it didn’t look like they would make the playoffs. They finished strong by winning their last four games and the NFC East Division title.
- QB Carson Wentz is making his playoff debut after he missed their championship run two years ago with a season-ending injury and missed their victorious Wild Card game last year with a back injury. Wentz threw for 4,039 yards this season without having any wide receiver with more than 500 yards receiving. TE Zach Ertz had 918 yards and six touchdowns. Rookie RB Miles Sanders did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday with an ankle injury but he was expected to return to practice on Friday.
- The Eagles finished Week 17 missing 7 injured starters on offense.