Seattle Seahawks @ Green Bay Packers
Sunday Jan 12, 2020 at 6:40 pm
Opening Line: Green Bay -4 with a total of 46
Projected weather: 23 degrees, cloudy, 60% chance of light snow, East wind at 5-10 mph
- Seattle (12-5 SU, 8-8-1 ATS) defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 17-9 in last week’s Wild Card round moving their record on the road this season to 8-1. QB Russell Wilson threw a 53-yard touchdown pass to rookie wide receiver D. K. Metcalf to give the Seahawks a 17-6 lead and control of the game. The 6’4” 229-pound Metcalf had a season-high seven catches for 160 yards setting a rookie playoff record. He has caught 6 or more passes in 6 of his last 9 games. Eagles QB Carson Wentz went out in the first quarter with a head injury and backup Josh McCown could not get the Eagles in the end zone.
- Seattle made a midseason trade to acquire safety Quandre Diggs from the Detroit Lions where he faced Aaron Rodgers twice a year. The Seahawks are 5-1 since inserting Diggs in the starting lineup. LB Bobby Wagner had 159 tackles to lead the NFL and LB K.J. Wright had a career-high 132 tackles.
- Russell Wilson has not fared well at Lambeau Field in the past completing just 55 of 96 passes for 604 yards with three touchdowns, six interceptions and an 0-3 record. Marshawn Lynch has crossed the goal line once in each of the two games he has played in since coming out of retirement to rejoin the Seahawks. The last time he faced the Packers he had 157 yards rushing and 26 receiving with one touchdown.
- Green Bay (13-3 SU, 10-6 ATS) is back in the Playoffs as the NFC North division champion. The Packers were 7-1 at home this season with the lone loss coming in Week Four 34-27 against the Eagles.
- QB Aaron Rodgers has thrown 26 touchdown passes with only 4 interceptions. However, the emergence on RB Aaron Jones has the Packers focusing on more of a ground game this year. Jones had six games with two or more touchdowns. He tied Derrick Henry for the league lead with 16 rushing touchdowns and Christian McCaffrey for the league lead for total touchdowns from scrimmage with 19. TE Jimmy Graham had his lowest total receptions since his rookie year with 38. WR Davante Adams has had 40 touchdown catches since 2016 to lead the league.
- LB Blake Martinez finished second in the league to Seattle’s Bobby Wagner with 155 tackles. Defensive Coordinator Mike Pettine moves fellow linebackers Za”Darius Smith, who had a career-high 13 sacks, and Preston Smith all over the defensive front to create mismatches.